A strong pickup in the USD demand exerted fresh pressure on the dollar-denominated commodity.
A selloff in the equity markets might lend some support to the safe-haven gold and help limit losses.
Bearish traders might wait for a sustained break below 100-day SMA before placing aggressive bets.
Gold edged lower during the first half of the European trading session and was last seen trading near daily lows, just above the $1900 level.The precious metal witnessed some fresh selling on Wednesday and reversed the previous day’s positive move, albeit remained well within a four-day-old trading range. A strong pickup in the US dollar demand was seen as a key factor exerting some pressure on the dollar-denominated commodity.The alarming pace of growth in new coronavirus cases and the imposition of fresh lockdown restrictions fueled concerns that the economic growth will weaken again. This, along with the uncertainty about […]
Click here to view original web page at www.fxstreet.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!