The US political uncertainty kept the USD bulls on the defensive and assisted gold to gain traction.
The uptick lacked any strong follow-through buying and runs the risk of fizzling out rather quickly.
Investors now look forward to the release of the Advance US Q3 GDP report for a fresh impetus.
Gold edged higher through the early European session and was last seen hovering near the top end of its daily range, just above the $1880.The precious metal managed to regain some positive traction on Thursday and recovered a part of the previous day’s sharp fall to one-month lows amid a subdued US dollar demand. The uncertainty over the outcome of the US presidential election held the USD bulls from placing aggressive bids, which, in turn, was seen as a key factor lending some support to the dollar-denominated commodity.It is worth reporting that national polls have […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content