Outlook for gold and silver prices
The massive injection of funds into the economy via debt creation to help households and businesses going through the Covid-19 crisis generates a debt quality problem, increasing the risk of default for several countries.
Suriname and Zambia have already gone bankrupt. Fears that other economies may follow suit enhance uncertainty in the financial markets, leading to elevated volatility against which high net worth individuals are reasonably in search of ways to protect the value of their assets. Gold and silver are two of the fewer classes available to the investing community that provide such a shield, as they also serve as safe-haven assets when needed.
Thus, gold and silver, whose prices per troy ounce gained 21.6% and 38.3% so far this year, are forecasted to trade higher over the next months, reversing the negative trend we have seen over the last week.Gold futures traded at […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content