Endeavour Mining Corp. , the acquisitive gold producer backed by Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris, agreed to buy Teranga Gold Corp. in the latest deal to reshape the sector.
After Barrick Gold Corp. and Newmont Corp. created behemoths two years ago that dwarf the rest of the industry, other gold miners are trying to consolidate to remain relevant to shareholders. Helped by record gold prices, that’s led to a flurry of deals across the sector as smaller producers beef up their scale.
Endeavour said last week it was discussing a “merger of equals style” deal with Teranga after the talks were first reported by Bloomberg News. Endeavour is offering a 5.1% premium to Teranga’s closing price on Friday, valuing its equity at C$2.44 billion ($1.86 billion), according to Bloomberg calculations.
Teranga rose 1.3% to C$14.02 at 10:25 a.m. in Toronto, while Endeavour fell 2% to C$30.32.The combined company will produce about 1.5 million […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content