Consolidated Uranium, which owns a portfolio of pre-production and mothballed uranium projects, has agreed to acquire Virginia Energy Resources, owner of an undeveloped uranium deposit in that state, for C$29 million (US$21.6 million) in stock.
Receive daily email alerts, subscriber notes & personalize your experience.
Register Now Under the deal announced Nov. 15, Virginia Energy shareholders would receive 0.26 shares of Consolidated Uranium for each share in Virginia Energy they hold. Both company stocks are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.At the closing price Nov. 14, that implied a value for the transaction of C$32.2 million. However, the value dropped as shares of Consolidated Uranium declined in recent days. The price of Consolidated Uranium shares fell after the announcement, closing at C$1.73 Nov. 22, down more than 10% from C$1.93 on Nov. 14, the day before the announcement.Prices of Virginia Energy shares climbed on the news of the deal, […]
Click here to view original web page at www.spglobal.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!