(Kitco News) This week was chaotic for all markets. As president-elect Joe Biden forged ahead with transition planning, U.S. President Donald Trump continued to contest the results.
Yet, the biggest news this week was the coronavirus pandemic and not the election. Gold sold off $100 while silver fell 7% after positive vaccine news on Monday.
However, as the week progressed the attention shifted to record coronavirus numbers, with more than 120,000 cases reported per day. Markets were once again getting nervous that the U.S. would introduce more restrictions. And since more uncertainty usually works in favor of the precious metals, both gold and silver advanced later in the week.
Analysts are still confident that the post-election environment will be great for gold. Orchid Research advised to buy setbacks in gold, citing the post-election environment, which will be defined by more uncertainty, more stimulus, and rising coronavirus cases.TD Securities said that once markets […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content