BETHESDA, Md., March 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Centrus Energy Corp. (NYSE American: LEU) is providing an update on construction of the nation’s first production facility for High-Assay, Low-Enriched Uranium (HALEU) in Piketon, Ohio.
"Despite the impact of the pandemic and the extraordinary steps we have taken to protect our workforce – including limiting the number of people who can be on the construction site at any one time – we have kept construction on track and expect to begin producing HALEU by next year," said Centrus President and CEO Daniel B. Poneman. "We believe this first-of-a-kind facility can play a critical role in meeting both government and commercial requirements for HALEU, powering America’s nuclear leadership as the world turns to a new generation of advanced reactors and advanced nuclear fuels."
Under a 2019 contract with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Nuclear Energy, Centrus is licensing and constructing a cascade […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content