INN’s top stories this week include inflation comments from Nick Barisheff of BMG Group and an update from uranium producer Kazatomprom. Top Stories This Week: Inflation Data Not Telling Whole Story, Kazatomprom’s Uranium Update
The gold price trended upward in the second week of the new year, nearly reaching the US$1,830 per ounce mark at some points during the period.
The metal had slipped a little lower by Friday (January 14) afternoon to rest at about US$1,815.
New inflation data was released Wednesday (January 12), with reports indicating that the Consumer Price Index jumped 7 percent in 2021 , marking the biggest 12 month increase since 1982.I heard from Nick Barisheff of BMG Group after the news, who reminded investors that official statistics don’t always tell the full story — for example, if inflation was calculated the way it was in 1980, it would be at 15 percent. "Although […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content