The Sovereign Gold Bond programme is aimed at curbing the import of the yellow metal Bonds linked to the market price of gold under the government’s Sovereign Gold Bond scheme are available for purchase till Friday. This is an eighth tranche of the gold bond scheme, in which the RBI issues gold bonds on behalf of government. There will be four additional tranches this financial year, each of which will also be available for five days. For the current series, an issue price of ₹ 5,177 per unit is applicable. One unit is equivalent to the price of one gram of gold in the spot market.
But how is this price arrived at?
The issue price is calculated using a simple average of prices provided by Mumbai-based India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA), an industry body. For example, an issue price of Rs 5,177 per unit is applicable to the eight […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content