Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold and silver futures prices are moderately higher in early U.S. trading Friday, as some safe-haven demand has finally surfaced just days before the U.S. presidential elections. Much of this week the precious metals had been hit by a stronger U.S. dollar index . December gold futures were last up $11.60 at $1,879.60 and December Comex silver was last up $0.335 at $23.695 an ounce.
Global stock markets were mostly down overnight. U.S. stock indexes are set to open the New York day session solidly lower. It’s a risk-off trading day Friday, on this last trading day of the week and of the month. Some mostly as-expected but still uninspiring high-technology stocks’ earnings […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content