This article is an extract from GTDT Mining 2022. Click here for the full guide .
The global mining economy commenced 2021 on an upswing and continued with strong contributions to the global economy despite the ongoing impact of the covid-19 pandemic on industries around the world. The past year has demonstrated the resiliency of the mining industry and today the mining industry is a crucial component in pandemic recovery efforts. Trends in the industry today include a growing focus on mining companies’ environmental, social and governance commitments and opportunities for green energy transition.
North America and Greenland
In Canada, the mining sector accounts for a significant portion of the economy. Canada is a leading global producer of several minerals and metals, most notably in the production of cobalt, diamonds, gold, nickel, potash, platinum group metals, primary aluminium, salt, titanium concentrates and uranium.Key exports include aluminium, coal, copper, diamonds, gold, iron ore, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content