‘Garimpeiro’ columnist Barry FitzGerald has covered the resources industry for +35 years. share
The near-term uranium producers Boss (ASX:BOE) and Paladin (ASX:PDN) have been on fire in response to spot prices for the nuclear pushing back over the $US60/lb level.
Their share price gains in the last month have been something to behold, with Boss up 40% and Paladin up 22%. On a combined basis, the market cap of the pair has increased by close to $1 billion.
The latest share price push for the pair, and the trigger for the $US60/lb breakthrough, came from the world’s number two producer, Canada’s Cameco.It disclosed production at two key Canadian mines would be 8% lower this year due to some operational issues.Cameco fuelled the uranium price gain by making good news of the bad, saying the production shortfall “further highlights the growing security of supply risk at a time when we believe the […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content